At Romano Law Group, Mikayla Taylor focuses her practice on representing plaintiffs in a wide variety of personal injury and catastrophic injury cases, including auto negligence, wrongful death, product liability, and medical malpractice. Before joining the firm, she gained invaluable experience working at both plaintiffs and defense firms. Ms. Taylor’s experience working for the defense, prior to joining the plaintiff’s side, enables her to provide a well-rounded perspective in her practice. Having been a plaintiff herself, Ms. Taylor brings a unique passion to her work in zealously representing her clients.
A double ‘Nole, Ms. Taylor graduated from Florida State University with a Bachelor’s in Criminology, prior to obtaining her Juris Doctor degree from Florida State University College of Law in Tallahassee, Florida. During law school, she held leadership roles in the Black Law Students Association and performed in the role of subciter for the Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law, all while heavily focusing her energy into competing on the school’s prestigious Trial Team.
Outside of her litigation practice, Ms. Taylor serves as a member of several bar associations in Palm Beach County, and in her free time, she loves to powerlift, play video games, and tackle escape rooms with her family.
• Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2020
• Florida State University, B.S., Criminology, 2016
• Florida – All State Courts
Memberships and Associations
• Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, Florida Bar, Member
• Animal Law Section, Florida Bar, Member
• F. Malcolm Cunningham, Sr. Bar Association, Member
• Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Palm Beach County Chapter, Member
• Palm Beach County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Member
• Trial Lawyers Section, Florida Bar, Member
• Young Lawyers Division, Florida Bar, Member
Honors and Awards
• Florida State University College of Law, Preeminent Scholar