Camille Godwin has more than twenty years of experience litigating a variety of issues throughout the country, including cases involving professional negligence, nursing home abuse, multi-state civil rights, inadequate security, products liability, toxic torts, and commercial disputes.
Through these experiences on both the trial and appellate levels, Camille developed a deep understanding of the complicated corporate structures, financial arrangements and organizational agreements that typify much of the health care industry and related business sectors. She brings all this experience to bear in her role as managing attorney for Eric J. Hertz, P.C., a firm proud to focus our work on helping the victims of nursing home abuse and neglect throughout the southeast.
Camille is licensed to practice in Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Kentucky, Washington, and South Carolina.
Presentations & Publications:
• Discovery to Win in Nursing Home Cases, AAJ Nursing Home Litigation College, Washington, D.C., April 25-27, 2019.
• Nursing Home Damages, State Bar of Georgia ICLE on Proving Damages, Atlanta, GA, March 15, 2019.
• Punitive Damages in Nursing Home Cases, State Bar of Georgia ICLE on Punitive Damages, Atlanta, GA, September 13, 2018.
• Discovery in Nursing Home Cases – Plaintiff Perspective, State Bar of Georgia ICLE on Nursing Home Litigation, Atlanta, GA, September 6, 2018.
• Cost Reports: Developments & Updates from the Trenches, American Association for Justice Annual Convention, Denver, CO, July 7, 2018.
• Nursing Home Litigation, Georgia Association of Paralegals, Atlanta, GA, June 12, 2018.
• Cost Reports & Authentication (with Jonathon Steele), AAJ Nursing Home Webinar Series, June 5, 2018.
• Staffing Evidence: Demonstrating Relevance & Maximizing Impact, Advanced Cost Reports Seminar, Grapevine, TX, April 20, 2018.
• Nursing Home Damages, State Bar of Georgia ICLE on Proving Damages, Atlanta, GA, March 20, 2018.
• Less is Much More: Use of Summaries and Summary Fact Witnesses, AAJ Nursing Home Litigation Group Cost Report Seminar, Dallas, TX, October 20, 2017.
• Defining Damages, VERDICT – The Journal of the Georgia Trial Lawyers’ Association, Fall 2017.
• Little Things That Go a Long Way in Nursing Home Litigation, American Association for Justice Annual Convention, Boston, MA, July 22, 2017.